Spiced Pear Dessert
AT our Bed and Breakfast we always serve some kind of fruit. This is an easy and delicious way to present fresh pears and our guests love it.
--JoAnne Badger, Oakland, Maine
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large pear, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Arrange pear slices in a single layer in a microwave-safe dish. In a
- small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg;
- spread over pears.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until
- tender. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 each) equals 138 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, trace protein.