Spiced Pear Crumble Recipe
Guests at my bed and breakfast rave about this pear crumble recipe. They get to enjoy a sweet treat that doesn't expand their waistline. —Barbra Annino, Galena, Illinois
- 4 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple-flavored syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups crushed reduced-fat vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pears, cranberries and lemon juice. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the marmalade, syrup, cinnamon, ginger and allspice until blended. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Drizzle evenly over pear mixture. Sprinkle with vanilla wafers and almonds.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until pears are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 268 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Pear Crumble
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC