Spiced Pear Chutney Recipe
Try this flavorful chutney on meat or poultry instead of heavy gravy. And this simple recipe is healthy, too. There are 3 grams of fiber in every serving! Marie Townsend - Salem, Oregon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups chopped peeled ripe pears
- In a small saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the onion and garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, brown sugar, dates and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully stir in pears. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 40-50 minutes or until pears are tender and mixture achieves desired thickness. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Pear Chutney in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p9
Reviews for Spiced Pear Chutney(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review