Spiced Pear Cake
Although Becky Vaughn Coleman of Desert Hot Springs, California took a shortcut by using a convenient mix, she didn't shortchange cake lovers with the results!
14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves in juice
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour;
- set aside. Drain pears, reserving juice. Chop pears; place in a
- large bowl. Add reserved pear juice. Add the next seven ingredients.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour
- into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners'
- sugar. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 207 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,