Although Becky Vaughn Coleman of Desert Hot Springs, California took a shortcut by using a convenient mix, she didn't shortchange cake lovers with the results!
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves in juice
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside. Drain pears, reserving juice. Chop pears; place in a large bowl. Add reserved pear juice. Add the next seven ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Pear Cake in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p12
Reviews for Spiced Pear Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2008
"very good! moist and delightful. Hard to believe it is a "light" cake."