- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves in juice
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside. Drain pears, reserving juice. Chop pears; place in a large bowl. Add reserved pear juice. Add the next seven ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Pear Cake in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p12
Reviews for Spiced Pear Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review