Liven up plain peanuts with a sweet-and-spicy blend of flavors from sugar, cumin and cayenne pepper. You'll want to double...or triple...the recipe!—Holly Kunkle, Walton, Kentucky
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 jar (16 ounces) unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place peanuts in a small bowl; drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Combine sugar and seasonings; sprinkle over nuts and toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 335 calories, 28 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.