Liven up plain peanuts with a sweet-and-spicy blend of flavors from sugar, cumin and cayenne pepper. You'll want to double...or triple...the recipe!—Holly Kunkle, Walton, Kentucky
Recommended: Top 10 Cupcake Recipes
- 1 jar (16 ounces) unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place peanuts in a small bowl; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Combine sugar and seasonings; sprinkle over nuts and toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Peanuts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p17
Reviews for Spiced Peanuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2013
"easy to make and delicious. not too spicy - I took to a party and they were gone in an instant and people were asking for more!"