Liven up plain peanuts with a sweet-and-spicy blend of flavors from sugar, cumin and cayenne pepper. You'll want to double...or triple...the recipe!—Holly Kunkle, Walton, Kentucky
- 1 jar (16 ounces) unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place peanuts in a small bowl; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Combine sugar and seasonings; sprinkle over nuts and toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Peanuts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p17
Reviews for Spiced Peanuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review