This is a super summer dessert because peaches are plentiful. The sweet chilled fruit topped with sour cream and brown sugar is so refreshing. When fresh peaches aren't available, use canned peach halves with tasty result.—Norma Erne, Albuquerque, New Mexico
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 8 to 10 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 fresh peaches, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring the first five ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Add peaches; simmer until heated
- through, about 10 minutes.
- Pour into a shallow dish. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain. Spoon peaches into serving dishes; garnish with a dollop of
- sour cream and sprinkle with brown sugar. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.