Spiced Peaches with Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Recipe
Canned peaches get special attention from cinnamon and brown sugar in Debbie Schrock's kitchen. "Served warm, these peaches offer down-home comfort," comments the Jackson, Mississippi cook. "Chilled, they make a refreshing treat with frozen yogurt."
- 1 can (15 ounces) peach halves in light syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3-1/2 inches)
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving juice; set the peaches aside. Pour juice into a saucepan; add brown sugar and lemon and orange juices. Bring to a boil over medium heat; add cinnamon sticks. Reduce heat;
- 2. simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add peach halves; heat through. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 servings.
2 piece: 74 calories, 0.550g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 fruit
Reviews for Spiced Peaches with Cinnamon and Brown Sugar
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC