Spiced Peach Salad Recipe
This refreshing salad is my most requested recipe. A touch of cinnamon makes it taste like fresh peach pie. My father-in-law is an especially big fan of this fruity salad, and I know you'll love it, too. -Karen Hamilton, Ludington, Michigan
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or orange gelatin
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and water. Tie cloves and cinnamon in a cheesecloth bag; place in the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat and discard spice bag. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Drain peaches, reserving syrup; set peaches aside. Add water to syrup to equal 2 cups. Add to gelatin mixture; stir well.
- 3. Chill until slightly thickened. Thinly slice peaches; add to gelatin. Pour into a 2-qt. glass bowl; chill until firm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Peach Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC