This refreshing salad is my most requested recipe. A touch of cinnamon makes it taste like fresh peach pie. My father-in-law is an especially big fan of this fruity salad, and I know you'll love it, too. -Karen Hamilton, Ludington, Michigan
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or orange gelatin
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and water. Tie cloves and cinnamon in a cheesecloth bag; place in the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard spice bag. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Drain peaches, reserving syrup; set peaches aside. Add water to syrup to equal 2 cups. Add to gelatin mixture; stir well.
- Chill until slightly thickened. Thinly slice peaches; add to gelatin. Pour into a 2-qt. glass bowl; chill until firm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Peach Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p29
Reviews for Spiced Peach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review