Spiced Peach Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or orange gelatin
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and water. Tie cloves and cinnamon in a cheesecloth bag; place in the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard spice bag. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Drain peaches, reserving syrup; set peaches aside. Add water to syrup to equal 2 cups. Add to gelatin mixture; stir well.
- Chill until slightly thickened. Thinly slice peaches; add to gelatin. Pour into a 2-qt. glass bowl; chill until firm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Spiced Peach Salad
Sort By :
"On an easier note, use sliced canned peaches. If using fresh, the gelatin will not set. Just a helping note..."
"Am making this today ~ with just a tad of changes. Using orange jello AND mandarin oranges. Sounds good, huh! I use ground cinnamon, cloves for the whole. Will report back in couple days how it turned out. As with all TOH recipes, am sure that'll be a winner, too!!"
"This is truly an awesome salad. Very enjoyable to make, even better to eat. Am considering **doubling** recipe and take to a family picnic this summer."
"Made it several times for friends and for church groups. It is a hit no matter the setting."
"Turn this recipe into dessert by topping with whipped cream."