Spiced Peach Puffs Recipe
We always made cream puffs for special occasions when I was growing up in a family of seven. My favorite filling, then and now, is whipped cream and nutmeg-spiced peaches. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, nutmeg and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Just before serving, fill puffs with whipped cream and peaches. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Peach Puffs in Country Woman June/July 2009, p40
Reviews for Spiced Peach Puffs(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2010
Love peaches, but will also try with fresh apricots.
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2010
I make cream puffs and they are not as hard as people think, this idea with the little touch of nutmeg and then using fresh peaches sounds wonderful! Thanks for the GREAT idea....
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >