Spiced Peach Pie Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. Drain syrup from peaches into a 2-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1-1/3 cups. Chop peaches and set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the syrup, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Discard cinnamon stick. Stir gelatin into syrup mixture until dissolved. Add peaches. Refrigerate until partially set, about 40 minutes.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and nutmeg until smooth. Spread over the bottom and up the sides of the baked crust. Pour gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer.
- 5. Chill until serving. Spread with whipped topping. Serve with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 367 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Peach Pie
"This is wonderful! I made just the jello part for a church get together a few weeks ago and every one loved it. Now that I see this recipe, I will make this for church dinners on Wednesday nights. I can't wait to see the reaction from people!"