Chilled peach pie is a delectable change of pace from the traditional baked fruit pie. With its peachy gelatin filling sandwiched between layers of fluffy cream, this pie slices beautifully and always draws compliments. -Lois Dunlop, Venice, Florida
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint, optional
- Drain syrup from peaches into a 2-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1-1/3 cups. Chop peaches and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the syrup, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Discard cinnamon stick. Stir gelatin into syrup mixture until dissolved. Add peaches. Refrigerate until partially set, about 40 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and nutmeg until smooth. Spread over the bottom and up the sides of the baked crust. Pour gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Chill until serving. Spread with whipped topping. Serve with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Peach Pie in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p29
Reviews for Spiced Peach Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2012
"This is wonderful! I made just the jello part for a church get together a few weeks ago and every one loved it. Now that I see this recipe, I will make this for church dinners on Wednesday nights. I can't wait to see the reaction from people!"