Spiced Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 12 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cardamom. Add peaches and lemon juice; toss to combine. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the first six topping ingredients; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk; stir just until moistened. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls over peach mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 246 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Peach Cobbler
"Has anyone else made this? Doesn't seem like enough sugar for that much fruit. As an example, I always use 1 cup of sugar to about 4 cups of fruit for my fruit pies. That's the way my grandma and mom made them!"
"YUM! I made this for the first time tonight and it was a huge hit with the family!"