Spiced Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 12 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cardamom. Add peaches and lemon juice; toss to combine. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the first six topping ingredients; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk; stir just until moistened. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls over peach mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 246 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Spiced Peach Cobbler
"YUM! I made this for the first time tonight and it was a huge hit with the family!"