When you tuck into this warm and comforting fresh peach cobbler, you won’t miss the extra fat and calories a bit!—Mary E. Relyea, Canastota, New York
- 12 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon and cardamom. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, orange peel, baking powder, salt, baking soda and remaining sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto peach mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Peach Cobbler in Country Woman June/July 2011, p44
Reviews for Spiced Peach Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review