If you like chutney, you’ll love this quick-and-spicy microwave twist on traditional versions. Sent in by Shirley Glaab in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, this tasty, tangy condiment combining onions, peaches and raisins is a great way to jazz up summer’s grilled meats and chicken.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine onion and oil. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add the peaches, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, cloves and cayenne. Cover and cook at 50% power for 5 minutes. Uncover and cook 4-5 minutes longer or until thickened. Stir in cilantro and vinegar. Cool. Serve at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Peach Chutney in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p14
Reviews for Spiced Peach Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2014
"Very easy to make. Tastes delicious. A Must try!"