Spiced Party Peanuts
Also a great gift, these seasoned nuts have just the right blend of spices, sugar and heat to kick up a party. —Cynthia DeVol, Pataskala, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- In a large bowl, beat egg white and water until frothy. Stir in
- peanuts. Combine sugar and spices; add to peanut mixture, stirring
- gently to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring twice.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 220 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,