This refreshing fruit cup from Sue Ross of Casa Grande, Arizona makes a delightfully different dessert. The orange sections, spiced with cloves and cinnamon, can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the fridge until serving.
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or grape juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon slice
- 1 small cinnamon stick (1 inch)
- 1 whole clove
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook over
- medium heat until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Add oranges;
- simmer for 1 minute. Pour into a bowl; refrigerate. Discard lemon,
- cinnamon and clove before serving. Garnish with mint if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 126 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.