Spiced Orange Pecans
You won’t be able to eat just one of these spicy sweet nibblers from field editor Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan. Keep them on hand this season for unexpected company.
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites and orange juice. Add pecans and
- toss to coat; drain. In another large bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients. Add pecans and toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- pan. Bake at 250° for 30-35 minutes or until dry and lightly
- browned. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 117 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.