Spiced Orange Pecans Recipe
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine egg whites and orange juice. Add pecans and toss to coat; drain. In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add pecans and toss to coat.
- 2. Spread in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 30-35 minutes or until dry and lightly browned. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 117 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Orange Pecans
"Maybe I did something wrong... I greased the pan and baked the pecans. It says cool completely. I cooled them on the pan and they all stuck. Ruined my pecans and the pan is now a mess. Pecans are too expensive to waste."