You won’t be able to eat just one of these spicy sweet nibblers from field editor Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan. Keep them on hand this season for unexpected company.
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites and orange juice. Add pecans and toss to coat; drain. In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add pecans and toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 30-35 minutes or until dry and lightly browned. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Orange Pecans in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p23
Reviews for Spiced Orange Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2012
"Maybe I did something wrong... I greased the pan and baked the pecans. It says cool completely. I cooled them on the pan and they all stuck. Ruined my pecans and the pan is now a mess. Pecans are too expensive to waste."