You won’t be able to eat just one of these spicy sweet nibblers from field editor Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan. Keep them on hand this season for unexpected company.
Recommended: 12 Days of Pancakes
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites and orange juice. Add pecans and toss to coat; drain. In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add pecans and toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 30-35 minutes or until dry and lightly browned. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Orange Pecans in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p23
Reviews for Spiced Orange Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2012
"Maybe I did something wrong... I greased the pan and baked the pecans. It says cool completely. I cooled them on the pan and they all stuck. Ruined my pecans and the pan is now a mess. Pecans are too expensive to waste."