Spiced Orange Gelatin Salad Recipe
This lovely molded salad looks and tastes festive. Its orange and cinnamon flavor combination will make it a popular side dish for most any entrée.—Jennifer Kauffman Figueroa, Greenville, South Carolina
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin, divided
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water, divided
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup sweetened applesauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Lettuce leaves and sliced apples, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in cold water. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set but not firm, about 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve remaining package of gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in the applesauce, sour cream and cinnamon. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened. Gently spread over gelatin in mold. Refrigerate until firm.
- 3. Line a serving plate with lettuce leaves if desired; unmold gelatin onto plate. Garnish with apples and additional lettuce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 162 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (25g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Spiced Orange Gelatin Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC