Spiced Orange Gelatin Salad Recipe
This lovely molded salad looks and tastes festive. Its orange and cinnamon flavor combination will make it a popular side dish for most any entrée.Jennifer Kauffman Figueroa, Greenville, South Carolina
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin, divided
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water, divided
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup sweetened applesauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Lettuce leaves and sliced apples, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in cold water. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set but not firm, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve remaining package of gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in the applesauce, sour cream and cinnamon. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened. Gently spread over gelatin in mold. Refrigerate until firm.
- Line a serving plate with lettuce leaves if desired; unmold gelatin onto plate. Garnish with apples and additional lettuce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Orange Gelatin Salad in Country Woman April/May 2010, p42
Reviews for Spiced Orange Gelatin Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Jello Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >