Spiced Orange Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Place chicken in a large nonstick skillet; add 1 cup of orange juice. Sprinkle with the seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20--25 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 2. Combine cornstarch, water and remaining orange juice until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 381 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fruit
Reviews for Spiced Orange Chicken
"I was looking for a more sweet Orange Chicken. This is somewhat bitter and over spiced."
"It was okay, but it didn't really have any amazing flavor."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.