Spiced Orange Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Place chicken in a large nonstick skillet; add 1 cup of orange juice. Sprinkle with the seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20--25 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 2. Combine cornstarch, water and remaining orange juice until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce and 1 cup rice) equals 381 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.