- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a large nonstick skillet; add 1 cup of orange juice. Sprinkle with the seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20--25 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch, water and remaining orange juice until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Orange Chicken in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p12
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spiced Orange Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 10, 2011
It was okay, but it didn't really have any amazing flavor.