Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Drops Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 198 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Drops
"These are very good. I too like chewy cookies so I baked them 9 minutes a tray. Lovely crunch and soft interior. They don't spread much so I made them nice and fat so only got 46 per recipe. I had a package of mixed raisins( golden,Thompson and sultanas and dried cranberries) which I used instead of plain raisins. Yummy. Don't think I will need to worry how they keep. There won't be any. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"I cooked them around 9 min in my non-convection oven (turning once), and they turned out wonderfully soft on the inside, with just the tiniest bit of crunch on the outside."
"I meant pumpkin pie spice!"
"These cookies are great. I love the pumpkin pis spice in the batter to give it a little zip. I made these yesterday to take to church tonight."