My husband's two favorite snacks are oatmeal cookies and pumpkin pie. So in an effort to combine those flavors into one treat, I created this recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Drops in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p26
Reviews for Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Drops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review