The microwave makes Loretta Kleinjan's warm and cozy treat a snap to whip up. "Adapt the ingredients to suit your taste," suggests the Volga, South Dakota reader. "Try it as a quick pick-me-up any time of day."
- 8 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- To prepare oatmeal: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a deep microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup oatmeal mix and 1 cup water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly, stirring every 30 seconds. Let stand for 1-2 minutes before serving. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Oatmeal Mix in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p32
Reviews for Spiced Oatmeal Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review