Spiced Oatmeal Mix Recipe
- 8 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- To prepare oatmeal: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a deep microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup oatmeal mix and 1 cup water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly, stirring every 30 seconds. Let stand for 1-2 minutes before serving. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Spiced Oatmeal Mix(9)
Sort By :
too much sugar for me, I had to add extra oats to each bowl so it wouldn't be too sweet. That said, I like the idea of making "instant" oatmeal and will make it again w/maybe half the sugar.
I will never purchase instant oatmeal again. My family loves this! I add a good 2 cups of dried fruits and add a handful of sliced almonds. Delicious, healthy and easy quick breakfast.
This is a great mix to have around. I substitute Splenda for the white sugar to cut the calories a little. And it lasts WAY longer than 1 month!
The bits of dried fruit turn out as nuggets of sweetness in this oatmeal! Great way to spiff up regular oatmeal. Good job and thanks for sharing!
I made it and packaged it in little bags and used them in gift baskets for Christmas. Everyone that received them asked me for the recipe. I used dried apples, raisins and cranberries. Yummy.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Cereal Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >