Spiced Oatmeal Mix Recipe
- 8 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- 2. To prepare oatmeal: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a deep microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup oatmeal mix and 1 cup water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly, stirring every 30 seconds. Let stand for 1-2 minutes before serving. Yield: 18 servings.
1 cup prepared oatmeal equals 210 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.