- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs and milk; mix well. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until done. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Spiced Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"These are great cookies. Super moist and soft. I will be making these again."
"These are the best. They are so great."
"Yummm added broken up left over heath bars form Halloween and some pecans-had three eggs to use up so did a batch and a half , all butter and used 4 Tbs of cream instead of milk and they flattened nicely-I also used a silpat instead of greasing the cookie sheet -definitely could play with this recipe and add more spices, nuts, choc or butterscotch chips, dried fruit etc. Definitely making this one again"
"I like to use cookie scoop amounts of dough and found these came out a little heavy and the texture was course. They seemed to lack either some liquid or more shortening as it seemed they could have flattened out a bit more in the oven."