Spiced Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs and milk; mix well. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until done. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Spiced Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
These are the best. They are so great.
Yummm added broken up left over heath bars form Halloween and some pecans-had three eggs to use up so did a batch and a half , all butter and used 4 Tbs of cream instead of milk and they flattened nicely-I also used a silpat instead of greasing the cookie sheet -definitely could play with this recipe and add more spices, nuts, choc or butterscotch chips, dried fruit etc. Definitely making this one again
I like to use cookie scoop amounts of dough and found these came out a little heavy and the texture was course. They seemed to lack either some liquid or more shortening as it seemed they could have flattened out a bit more in the oven.
I used a Food Processor for the oats and made it a fine powder. I didn't have enough brown sugar so I made my own, using the food processor. 1 tablespoon Light Molasses to 1 cup white sugar. I rolled the dough into ping pong ball size. That way they get a little chewy. I am passing this one on to my friends at the gym. This made 60 cookies at 73 calories each. Great for breakfast.