When we were newlyweds, our first Christmas was pretty lean. I usually make presents, but that year I had no idea what I could afford to put together. A good friend gave me a special gift—this recipe and a sack of ingredients. I think of her every time I stir up this mix. —Patti Holland, Parker, Colorado
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) salted peanuts
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl, beat egg whites and water until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine sugar, pie spice and salt; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat. Fold in raisins. Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 10 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Nut Mix in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p27
Reviews for Spiced Nut Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review