Spiced Nut Mix Recipe
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) salted peanuts
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg whites and water until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine sugar, pie spice and salt; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat. Fold in raisins. Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 10 cups.
1/4 cup: 134 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Nut Mix
"I double the recipe . It is such a great gift for teachers, coaches, etc at Christmas time. I usually add other nuts too like brazil nuts, pecans and cashews"
"I have made this recipe twice this Christmas season and gave the nuts to friends in a pretty jar with a ribbon attached. I also added pecan halves and dried cranberries. This recipe is definitely a keeper."
"This is the recipe I was looking for. thank you sooo much!!!!!"