Spiced Nut Mix Recipe
When we were newlyweds, our first Christmas was pretty lean. I usually make presents, but that year I had no idea what I could afford to put together. A good friend gave me a special gift—this recipe and a sack of ingredients. I think of her every time I stir up this mix. —Patti Holland, Parker, Colorado
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) salted peanuts
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg whites and water until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine sugar, pie spice and salt; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat. Fold in raisins. Spread into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 10 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 134 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC