Spiced Mixed Nuts Recipe
"Everyone who tastes these glazed nuts loves them," promises Julie Gesicki from Tracyton, Washington. "They're quick, easy and a unique addition to a holiday cookie tray."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Add nuts and stir until well-coated. Cook, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until syrup begins to harden, stirring after each minute. Immediately pour onto a greased foil-lined baking sheet and separate nuts. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 205 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC