"Everyone who tastes these glazed nuts loves them," promises Julie Gesicki from Tracyton, Washington. "They're quick, easy and a unique addition to a holiday cookie tray."
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Add nuts and stir until well-coated. Cook, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until syrup begins to harden, stirring after each minute. Immediately pour onto a greased foil-lined baking sheet and separate nuts. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Mixed Nuts in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p51
Reviews for Spiced Mixed Nuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review