"Everyone who tastes these glazed nuts loves them," promises Julie Gesicki from Tracyton, Washington. "They're quick, easy and a unique addition to a holiday cookie tray."
Recommended: 23 Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Spice Fix
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Add nuts and stir until well-coated. Cook, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until syrup begins to harden, stirring after each minute. Immediately pour onto a greased foil-lined baking sheet and separate nuts. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Mixed Nuts in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p51
Reviews for Spiced Mixed Nuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2011
"Very good and easy to make - perfect for the holidays."
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2011
"I made these using Splenda brown sugar. They were so good. Not too sweet, but so yummy. Hubby loved them"