Spiced Mixed Fruit Recipe
Delicious fresh fruit is hard to come by around Christmas. So this recipe calling for dried and canned fruits is fantastic.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) mixed dried fruit
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup brandy or additional apple cider or juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a 3-qt. baking dish, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until fruit is softened.
- 2. Stir in apples and cranberries. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 6-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 152 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Mixed Fruit
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC