Spiced Mixed Fruit Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) mixed dried fruit
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup brandy or additional apple cider or juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a 3-qt. baking dish, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until fruit is softened.
- 2. Stir in apples and cranberries. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 6-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup: 152 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Spiced Mixed Fruit
"We had a Brunch for 24, so I doubled the recipe, we had a lot leftover, but everyone said they really liked it, I know I did!!"