Spiced Mandarin Orange Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil and butter for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, brown sugar and soy sauce. Remove chicken and keep warm. Add orange juice mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add oranges; heat through.
- 4. Serve chicken with rice and orange sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 318 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Spiced Mandarin Orange Chicken
"The soy sauce helps temper the sweetness."
"The blend of spices, juice, soy sauce and brown sugar make this recipe. The mandarin oranges top it all off! chicken-flavored rice or noodles are perfect sides."