Spiced Mandarin Orange Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil and butter for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, brown sugar and soy sauce. Remove chicken and keep warm. Add orange juice mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add oranges; heat through.
- Serve chicken with rice and orange sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spiced Mandarin Orange Chicken(3)
Sort By :
The soy sauce helps temper the sweetness.
SOOOOOO good!!!! I made stir-fry with this recipe using bite sized chicken pieces. After cooking the sauce, I stirred the chicken pieces back into the sauce with a bag of steamed stir fry vegitables and the oranges. Better than take-out!!!
The blend of spices, juice, soy sauce and brown sugar make this recipe. The mandarin oranges top it all off! Chicken-flavored rice or noodles are perfect sides.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >