This was my mom's iced tea recipe, which had a special spot in our refrigerator on hot summer days. I remember it being served as a special treat for the men who were on hand during the hay harvest. -Ellen Carlton Mont Vernon, New Hampshire
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 individual tea bags
- 1 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- Ice cubes, fresh mint and lemon slices
- Pour boiling water into a heat-proof pitcher. Add the tea bags, cinnamon, cloves and sugar substitute; steep tea for 15 minutes.
- Discard the tea bags, cinnamon and cloves. Pour tea over ice in glasses; garnish with mint and lemon. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Iced Tea in Reminisce Extra August 2005, p52
Reviews for Spiced Iced Tea
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2014
"My husband and I really enjoyed this tea. I did not add the mint or lemon and I used green tea bags. I doubled the recipe and all of it was gone within 2 days. Thanks for the recipe, this one is a keeper!"