Spiced Hot Fruit Recipe
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) apricots, drained and quartered
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained and quartered
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In an ungreased shallow 3-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the pineapple, apricots, peaches and pears; set aside. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, ginger and reserved pineapple juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Discard cinnamon sticks. Pour over fruit.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 10 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Hot Fruit in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p13
Reviews for Spiced Hot Fruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review