Spiced Hot Chocolate Recipe
When my family needs to warm up on a cold morning or evening, I head to the kitchen to make this hot cocoa. The spices are very well balanced.—Hannah Barringer, Loudon, Tennessee
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 cups milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the first six ingredients. Whisk in milk and water until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
- 2. Stir in vanilla. Ladle into mugs; serve with marshmallows if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
1 cup (calculated without marshmallows) equals 209 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC