- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 cups milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- In a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the first six ingredients. Whisk in milk and water until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in vanilla. Ladle into mugs; serve with marshmallows if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Spiced Hot Chocolate in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p103
Reviews for Spiced Hot Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review