Spiced Honey Pears
Take one bite of these spiced pears whipped up by our Test Kitchen and enjoy a scrumptious burst of flavors that will warm you up on even the chilliest winter nights.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 medium ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut a 3/4-in. slice off the top of each pear, reserving tops. Core
- pears, leaving bottoms intact. Cut 1/8-in. slice from bottoms to
- level if necessary. Drizzle insides of each pear with 1 teaspoon of
- honey. Combine five-spice powder and cinnamon; sprinkle inside
- pears. Replace pear tops.
- Arrange pears upright in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, for 4-7 minutes or until pears are tender,
- turning every 2 minutes. Serve warm with juices spooned over pears.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pear equals 119 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.