Spiced Holiday Ham Recipe
- 1 bone-in half ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 15 whole cloves
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Score ham; insert cloves in cuts. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes per pound. Combine jelly, sugar, vinegar, mustard and cinnamon; brush half over ham. Bake 15 minutes. Brush remaining jelly mixture over ham. Bake for 15 minutes, basting occasionally, or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 408 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,535 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer