Spiced Holiday Ham
This glazed ham is one of my family's favorites, so I serve it often at holiday time. Currant jelly, mustard and brown sugar add a special flavor.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours 10 min.
- 1 bone-in half ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 15 whole cloves
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Score ham; insert cloves in cuts. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes per pound.
- Combine jelly, sugar, vinegar, mustard and cinnamon; brush half over
- ham. Bake 15 minutes. Brush remaining jelly mixture over ham. Bake
- for 15 minutes, basting occasionally, or until a meat thermometer
- reads 140°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 408 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,535 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now