Spiced Holiday Ham Recipe
- 1 bone-in half ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 15 whole cloves
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Score ham; insert cloves in cuts. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes per pound. Combine jelly, sugar, vinegar, mustard and cinnamon; brush half over ham. Bake 15 minutes. Brush remaining jelly mixture over ham. Bake for 15 minutes, basting occasionally, or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 408 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1535mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Holiday Ham
"Making recipe for Easter dinner - looking at pic, noticed WAY more than 15 cloves in that ham!Used the 15 suggested in recipe - cloves are strong so 15 sounds about right - just wondering why test kitchen seemed to use so many - taste or photogenic reasons???"
"PS: I also didn't bake the ham as long as the recipe calls for - hams are fully cooked and really only need heating up, otherwise they're too dry for me. Today's pork is very lean and dries out quickly. So I cooked it for only 1 hour before glazing it."
"Not only is this recipe easy, but the glaze is tasty and bakes up to a beautiful color! When my youngest son came in for Sunday dinner, his eyes popped out and he said, "That looks delicious!" And it was, too. I used 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard instead of the ground, as I thought it would mix better with the rest of the glaze ingredients."