Spiced Ham with Apple Relish Recipe
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- APPLE RELISH:
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Combine cloves and allspice; rub over ham. Wrap tightly in foil and place in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and the ham is heated through.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the first six relish ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer for 25-30 minutes or until thickened. Stir in almonds. Slice ham; serve with the relish. Yield: 8-10 servings (4 cups relish).
1 each: 435 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1424mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Ham with Apple Relish
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer