Spiced Ham Steak
"My husband loves ham, but I get bored cooking it the same old way," says Karla Foisy from Minneapolis, Minnesota. "I wanted something easy and tasty, so I came up with this zippy sauce that really perks up a plain ham steak."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 fully cooked ham steak (about 8 ounces and 1/2 inch thick)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- Place ham steak on a lightly greased broiler pan; broil 4 in. from
- the heat for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients; mix well. Turn ham steak; spread with sauce. Broil 5
- minutes longer or until lightly browned and bubbly. Cut in half to
- serve. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 242 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,809 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.