"My husband loves ham, but I get bored cooking it the same old way," says Karla Foisy from Minneapolis, Minnesota. "I wanted something easy and tasty, so I came up with this zippy sauce that really perks up a plain ham steak."
Recommended: 42 Slow Cooker Recipes Prepped in 15 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 fully cooked ham steak (about 8 ounces and 1/2 inch thick)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- Place ham steak on a lightly greased broiler pan; broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Turn ham steak; spread with sauce. Broil 5 minutes longer or until lightly browned and bubbly. Cut in half to serve. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Ham Steak in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p10