Spiced Grilled Corn
The wonderful spice mixture from our Test Kitchen doesn't add heat...just great flavor. This just may be the best corn you've ever had!Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Brush oil over
- corn; sprinkle with spice mixture. Place each on a double thickness
- of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. x 12. in.). Fold foil over corn and
- seal tightly.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until
- tender, turning occasionally. Open foil carefully to allow steam to
- escape. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ear of corn equals 113 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.