Spiced Grilled Corn Recipe
The wonderful spice mixture from our Test Kitchen doesn't add heat...just great flavor. This just may be the best corn you've ever had!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Brush oil over corn; sprinkle with spice mixture. Place each on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 14x12-in. rectangle). Fold foil over corn, sealing tightly.
- 2. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 8 servings.
1 ear of corn equals 113 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC